JOB TITLE: PROCUREMENT OFFICER
REPORTS TO: MANAGING DIRECTOR
The incumbent will ensure that the procurement practices of the Company are executed in accordance with procurement legislation, national standards and international best practices.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manages and implements the procurement processes and prepares final evaluation reports for review and signature by Programme Manager and Selection Committee Members in a transparent and efficient manner;
2. In collaboration with the Programme Manager, facilitates the formation and coordination of Procurement Selection Committee that will receive, review technical and financial bids in accordance with international lending agencies and GoRTT procurement guidelines;
3. Prepares and updates Procurement Plans in relation to the Project Implementation Plan;
4. Develops a standard format for contracts and bidding documents;
5. Conducts bidders meetings, provides clarification and completes minutes of meetings;
6. Reviews requests for payments on contract works and recommends payment;
7. Prepares project evaluation reports;
8. Participates in the development programmes of the Company; and
9. As directed by the Programme Manager, execution of other tasks and special assignments required to ensure implementation of procurement activities.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
" Bachelors Degree in a related field;
" Training in Procurement as evidenced by a relevant professional or academic qualification or any equivalent combination of experience and training in the procurement of goods and services;
" Extensive knowledge of procurement methods and procedures, laws, rules and regulations as they relate to the Public Service;
" Knowledge of procurement procedures of international development organisations would be an asset.